A qualifying learner will be able to: Apply the knowledge, techniques and skills of End User computing applications in the workplace, understand the impact and use information communication and technology in an organization and society, improve communication by combining communication skills with End User Computing skills and improve the application of mathematical literacy in the workplace by better utilizing applications.
International Focus – Our courses offer what is taught world wide
Residential Courses – Have a edge in South Africa
Focus On People – Make your work speak to the people
Student Dedication – Give your all and practice daily
Career Placement – Work hard and have no worries
The qualification is designed to:
- Provide qualified learners with an undergraduate entry into the fields of Information Communication Technology (ICT) and Computer Sciences, specializing in the Systems Development area
- Prepare qualified learners for initial employment into the ICT and related industries. Qualified learners will have a solid understanding of computer industry concepts and to able to work in areas of Systems Development with intermediate technical complexity.
- Allow the credits achieved in National Certificates relating to Information Technology at NQF level 4 to be used as prior learning for this qualification, where applicable.
- Allow people with workplace experience in the Systems Development areas covered, to request assessments and get recognition for prior learning.
- Allow the qualification to be acquired in the traditional way of formal study as well as in the workplace, through Learnerships Schemes or Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
- Assist with professionalization across the Information Technology Sector. It is intended to allow qualified learners to gain membership of registered professional bodies in the ICT industry.
Subjects / learning areas:
- Office administrator
- Personal assistant
- Project team member
- Call Center operator
- Data capture
- Office clerk
- Lecturer-based classes
- Practical application of programs
- Contact the Academic Councilor
- ATTI Office Applications Skills Certificate
- MICT SETA Certification Programme
- NQF Level 3
- Minimum 130 Credits
- External International exams at own cost
Up To Date Curriculum
Windows is a series of operating systems developed by Microsoft. Each version of Windows includes a graphical user interface, with a desktop that allows users to view files and folders in windows. For the past two decades, Windows has been the most widely used operating system for personal computers PCs.
Basic Computer Terms and Definitions. Computer. A computer is a device that executes a program or programs. CPU. The central processing unit or CPU, also known as the microprocessor or processor is the brain of the computer.
A global computer network providing a variety of information and communication facilities, consisting of interconnected networks using standardized communication protocols.
Information technology (IT) is the application of computers to store, retrieve, transmit and manipulate data, or information, often in the context of a business or other enterprise. IT is considered to be a subset of information and communications technology (ICT).
Human Immunodeficiency Virus infection and Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (HIV/AIDS) is a spectrum of conditions caused by infection with the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV).
Microsoft Outlook is a personal information manager from Microsoft, available as a part of the Microsoft Office suite. Although often used mainly as an email application, it also includes a calendar, task manager, contact manager, note taking, journal, and web browsing.
ICT (information and communications technology – or technologies) is an umbrella term that includes any communication device or application, encompassing: radio, television, cellular phones, computer and network hardware and software, satellite systems and so on, as well as the various services and applications associated with them, such as videoconferencing and distance learning.
Microsoft Word or MS–WORD (often called Word) is a graphical word processing program that users can type with. It is made by the computer company Microsoft. Its purpose is to allow users to type and save documents. Similar to other word processors, it has helpful tools to make documents.
Mathematical literacy is an individual’s capacity to identify and understand the role that mathematics plays in the world, to make well-founded judgements and to use and engage with mathematics in ways that meet the needs of that individual’s life as a constructive, concerned and reflective citizen.
Microsoft Excel is a spreadsheet program included in the Microsoft Office suite of applications. Spreadsheets present tables of values arranged in rows and columns that can be manipulated mathematically using both basic and complex arithmetic operations and functions.
Financial literacy is the ability to understand the important accounting judgments management makes, why management makes them, and how management can use those judgments to manipulate financial statements.
Microsoft PowerPoint is a powerful presentation software developed by Microsoft. It is a standard component of the company’s Microsoft Office suite software, and is bundled together with Word, Excel and other Office productivity tools. The program uses slides to convey information rich in multimedia.
MS Access is defined as a database computer program by Microsoft used to organize and use information for home or business. An example of MS Access is a program for keeping detailed notes about all your business contacts.